Nothing constantly reminds the special woman in your life just how important she is to you than jewelry. Jewelry is a gift that lasts forever and never goes out of style. Choosing unique jewelry that matches your woman’s style shows her how well you know her and pay attention to her, which is a gift that’s priceless by itself and never fails to impress. Many men agree, however, that picking out jewelry can be stressful to say the least. To help all the men out in their search for the perfect jewelry for a special lady, I’ve put together a list of tips that can help you select something that your woman will absolutely love.
This guide is for everything EXCEPT engagement rings. For that, refer to The Engagement Ring Buying Guide
1. Look at what she already has. Most people prefer one or the other when it comes to silver or gold. Find out what your woman prefers, and it’s a safe bet to stick with that. If she has mostly silver, it may be the case that she’s not a big fan of gold.
2. As far as stones go, again pay attention to what’s in her collection, especially the ones she wears more often. If there’s one type that she has a lot of, that’s most likely her favorite. If she has a wide variety, it’s ok to go for something new. There’s one option that you can never go wrong with. You guessed it, diamonds. Diamonds are more expensive, but they are timeless and are unbeatable for many women.
3. Notice if she wears larger pieces that demand attention and make a statement, or prefers smaller pieces that are more subtle.
4. Never be afraid to ask for help. Reach out to her friends and ask what she likes. Be careful to only go to friends of hers that won’t tell her that you asked and ruin the surprise.
5. Pay attention to the size of her wrists and neck. If she’s about average sized, necklaces with lengths from 16 to 18 inches are likely to fit the best. As far as bracelets go, If she has particularly small wrists or a little larger wrists, ask the jeweler if you can have bracelets specially modified
4. Try and find a more unique piece. No woman wants to be wearing something that every other woman walking down the street has. They want something special. Ask your jeweler to see their limited edition collection or the one-of-a-kind pieces so that you know there won’t be any duplicates.
5. Don’t be afraid to use your instincts! If you see something that you feel she would love, go for it! Tell her to be honest when you give it to her and let her know you won’t be offended if she wants to exchange it.
For many men, buying jewelry for a woman can be a nerve-wracking experience with all of the options out there. Don’t be afraid! Use this guide along with your intuition and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your effort will be well worth it when you see how much she loves and appreciates her new jewelry.
If you need advice on picking out jewelry for someone special, feel free to e-mail me and i’ll do my best to help you out.